Hey, Good People!
This may not be a popular topic, but it’s necessary. I’m thankful for the Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit). What is the Holy Ghost? Let me try and break it down as I understand it. In essence, the Holy Ghost is:
- the spirit of God that dwells in the bodies of men and women.
- a sign to the unbeliever (Acts 2:4 “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”).
- a gift from God (Acts 2:38 “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost).
- a needed element to worship God (John 4:24 “God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth”). God is a supernatural God and in order to be close with him, you need a supernatural power/relationship.
- a needed element to enter into Heaven (John 3:5-6 “Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit”).
- the door to other intangible assets i.e. wisdom, knowledge, discernment, etc. (1 Corinthians 12: 8-13 “Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love”).
It’s impossible to explain every facet of the Holy Ghost, but I know enough to keep me thankful to have it.
What are you thankful for this Tuesday?